Economic Development works closely with all levels of local municipal government in creating and sustaining strategic business sectors. Partnerships with other organizations help us nurture and encourage business development and growth.
As set out in our Economic Development Strategic Plan, we focus our marketing efforts on awareness campaigns designed to stimulate residential, commercial and industrial growth in Redwater. Partnering with local business, the creation of television and social media campaigns provide essential exposure for our community. Encouraging inter-business partnerships to promote and grow relationships is integral to the sustainability of our community.
Economic Development provides our growing business community with a wide range of services and support. Some of these services are provided in partnership with Federal and Provincial Government, educational institutions, and industry organizations.
- Land and Building inventory list of available land for sale, buildings for sale or lease (residential, commercial and industrial development).
- Working with stakeholders to support investment attraction initiatives.
- Business licensing services and business directory (print & online).
- Tourism related programs and services.
- Regional economic development planning and activities, working collaboratively with Sturgeon County and four urban municipalities within the County.
- Members of regional economic development and tourism committees, including; Alberta’s Industrial Heartland, Greater Edmonton Economic Development Team, Community Futures Twatinaw Region and Go East of Edmonton Regional Tourism Organization.
- Provide information on innovation and workforce initiatives and programs.
- Provide information on Federal and Provincial support programs.
- Business Retention and Expansion initiatives.
- Access to small to medium business workshops and seminars.
- Networking initiatives and events include our Fall Business Mixer, Council Golf Tournament, Mayor's Breakfast, newsletters and exposure through our online business listings.
For more information or to discuss business opportunities in Redwater, contact our Economic Development Officer at 780-942-3519 ext 330.