As businesses navigate these uncharted waters, there are a number of external non-profit national and provincial organizations and associations providing information to the public. Additional supports will be added as they are identified.
- Trade Commissioner – Resources for Canadian Businesses (Government of Canada)
- Employment Insurance (EI) and Sickness Benefits (Government of Canada)
- COVID-19: Pandemic Preparedness for Business (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- COVID-19: Tips for Small Businesses (Alberta Business Link)
- Coronavirus and Small Business: Keeping You and Your Employees Safe (Canadian Federation of Independent Business)
- Employer responsibilities & Employee rights (Government of Canada)
- Support for entrepreneurs impacted by the coronavirus COVID-19 (Business Development Bank of Canada)
- COVID-19 and Business Insurance: How Coverage is Triggered (Insurance Bureau of Canada)
- Small Business and Working Capital Loans / Purchase Order Financing (Business Development Bank of Canada)
Guides and Information Sheets
The Canadian Chamber of Commerce offers guides, information sheets and templates to assist businesses in the workplace.
- Pandemic Preparedness Guide (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)
- Crisis Communications Plan (Canadian Chamber of Commerce) - Template
- Business Continuity & Recovery Plan (Canadian Chamber of Commerce)- Template
- Business continuity plan and templates for entrepreneurs (BDC) - Templates
- Open for Business Poster (Government of Alberta)- Printable
- Prevent the Spread Poster (Government of Alberta)- Printable
- Prevent the Spread Poster 2 (Government of Alberta)- Printable
- Reference Sheet for Workplaces (World Health Organization)
- Being Prepared - (Government of Canada)
- Q&A for Employers - (Workers Compensation Board)
For more information or to discuss any business related activity, contact our Economic Development Officer at 780-942-3519 ext 330 or firstname.lastname@example.org.