Permits and Applications   Newsletters & Town Information   Contact Us

Hours of Operation - Redwater Transfer Station

Monday and Saturday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Wednesday (Summer Hours) Noon to 8:00 pm 
Wednesday (Winter Hours) 10:00 am to 6:00 pm starting September 4, 2019

Users of the Redwater Transfer Station must show a valid permit card upon entry. If you are unable to produce your card you will not be allowed to leave your garbage at the transfer station. If you have lost your card or have moved within the Town you will need a new permit which can be obtained at the Town Office. A $5.00 fee will be charged to replace a lost card.  Please note that permits are only issued to the residential property owner; tenants must obtain the permit card from the owner. In accordance with Town of Redwater Policy 505, only one card shall be issued per household.

Only residential garbage is accepted at the transfer station. Garbage from commercial or industrial businesses will not be accepted at the transfer station. Businesses are required to make their own arrangements for garbage and recycling. Please contact the Town Office if you require further information.

You can dowload the Transfer Station Permit Application by clicking here. Sturgeon County residents are required to pickup their permit cards at Roseridge Landfill in Morinville before using the Redwater Transfer Station.

1000 kg per calendar year may be taken directly to the Roseridge Landfill Station free of charge with each valid transfer station permit.  If you are unsure whether your permit is valid, please contact the Town Office before making a trip to the Redwater Transfer Station or the Roseridge Landfill Station.

The Redwater Transfer Station accepts extra garbage that residents may have. There is a metal bin, furniture bin and oil drop drum as well. No construction waste such as drywall, insulation, concrete, or lumber is accepted. These materials must be taken to the Roseridge Landfill in Morniville.

The following items are also accepted for recycling at the Redwater Transfer Station.

  • Cardboard and Blue Bag recyclables (Sturgeon County residents only). Town residents are provided with curbside recycling.
  • E-Waste (TV's, computers, electronics)
  • Paint
  • Used oil and oil containers
  • Tires
  • Scrap metal, stoves and dishwashers. Freezers and refrigerators can be taken to Porta Crush or Sunset Recycle & Sales Ltd.

This service is offered for residential use only. If you have any questions or would like more information please call Roseridge at 780-939-5678.

Your Town of Redwater transfer station permit is valid at the Roseridge Landfill. Permits for town residents can be obtained at the Town Office. Sturgeon County residents need to obtain permits at the Roseridge Landfill. For more information visit Sturgeon County website.