Permits and Applications   Newsletters & Town Information   Contact Us
Under the Land Use Bylaw a Development Permit is required for the construction of new fences over the height of 3 feet (0.9 m). If you are replacing an existing fence or constructing a fence less than 3 feet (0.9 m) in height you should still contact the office to make sure that your fence will be compliant with the Land Use Bylaw. To view an information brochure on fences, decks, sheds and addtions click here.

If you are building a new fence you are responsible for locating the boundaries of your property.  You may need to retain the services of a land surveyor to locate the property pins on your property. This kind of survey is called a fence line survey. The office has on file the name of a surveyor who works in the Redwater area.