The Town of Redwater's new Land Use Bylaw 811 was given third reading by Council and came into effect on September 17, 2013.
The purpose of this Bylaw is to regulate and control the use and development of land and buildings within the municipality to achieve the orderly and economic development of land, and for that purpose amongst other things:
(1) to divide the municipality into districts;
(2) to prescribe and regulate for each district the purposes for which land and buildings may be used;
(3) to establish a method of making decisions on applications for development permits including the issuing of development permits;
(4) to provide the manner in which notice of the issuance of a development permit is to be given; and
(5) to establish the number of dwelling units permitted on a parcel of land.