The Community Services Department includes the following service areas:
- Community events and programs
- Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) including information and referral services
- Recreational Facilities: Pembina Place, Outdoor Rink, Outdoor Swimming Pool, Skateboard Park and Community Playgrounds.
- Parks and Floral Displays
- Community Group Liaison
Community Services Overview Brochure
Crisis and Information Contact Guide
The Town of Redwater has many non-profit community organizations. To add your Community Group listing (organization name and contact information) to the Community Group Directory, please complete and return the Community Group Information Form to email@example.com or drop it off at the Community Services Department Office (2nd floor Pembina Place).
Every effort has been made to compile complete and accurate information for this directory. Neither the Town of Redwater, nor its members or employees, will be responsible for errors or omissions in this directory. The information contained herein should not be construed as an endorsement of any member, company, or individual, nor reflect in any way upon the products and/or services provided by an organization or individual.
For more information about the Community Group Directory, please contact 780-942-4101.
- Redwater & District Ag Society
- Redwater & District Chamber of Commerce
- Redwater & District Museum
- Redwater & District Pioneer Club
- Redwater Arboretum Society
- Redwater Art Society
- Redwater Alliance Church
- Friends of the Redwater Public Library
- Redwater Lions Club
- Redwater Citizens on Patrol
- Redwater Public Library
- Redwater Community Golf Club
- Redwater Curling Club
- Redwater Fellowship of Churches Food Bank
- Redwater Fitness Centre
- Heartland High Energy Jump Rope Club
- Redwater HYPE (Helping Young People Excel)
- Redwater Minor Ball Association
- Redwater Minor Hockey Association
- Redwater Minor Soccer
- Redwater Mixed Slo-Pitch
- Redwater Quilt Guild
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch #251
- Lighthouse Youth Group at Redwater Alliance Church
- St. Clare’s Roman Catholic Church
- Sturgeon Adult Learning
- Yobukan Karate
Community Block Party
Why host a block party?
Block parties are a fun way to get to know your neighbors. Neighbors who know each other, look out for one another. Active participation in the community is a critical element in developing a caring and safe community.
The Neighborhood Block Party Polices and supporting documents below will help guide you through the process of planning your next block party. Please note that all COVID regulations must be followed when hosting a block party.
Neighborhood Block Party Policy
Neighborhood Block Party Event Permit Application
Neighborhood Block Party Road Closure Map
Neighborhood Block Party Rebate Form
Neighborhood Block Party Package
Youth Subsidy Program
There is a Youth Subsidy Program available to Redwater residents for recreational programs such as sports, dance, 4H, Scouts, junior golf, junior curling, summer programs, Home Alone course, or the Babysitter Safety course.
This program supports families with children living in the Town of Redwater who may not otherwise have access to recreational, cultural and social program opportunities due to financial barriers or extraordinary living situations. For more information or to donate to the subsidy fund, contact the Community Services Office at 780-942-4101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth Subsidy Application Form
JumpStart, KidSport and the Sturgeon County Program Subsidy are other sources of subsidy and support that residents may look into.