Main content of the website

  • font size:A
  • A
  • A

Business Licenses

All commercial, home-based and non-residents conducting business within the Town of Redwater require a business license. All peddlers, hawkers or sales people must report to the Town office prior to commencing sales within the Town of Redwater.

Bylaw 891 outlines the types of licenses that are available (i.e. daily, weekly, or yearly). Business License terms are January 1 to December 31 annually.

 First time licenses purchased between July 1 and December 31 will be reduced by 50% of the license fee rate. Individuals or businesses wishing to renew a business license can print the  Business License Renewal Form and either drop it off, mail or email to

Business License Bylaw 891, passed by Council at the February 2, 2021 Council Meeting, allows for Resident, Home Occupation and Youth Businesses operating in Redwater to have the applicable business license fees waived from January 1, 2021- December 31, 2021.   

Although the fee has been waived for community-based businesses, the renewal process for business licenses has remained unchanged.  New businesses or those with changes to their information are required to complete the Business License Renewal Form and submit it to Up to date business information can be crucial to future initiatives and programs. 

  • If your business is a Resident, Home Occupation or Youth Business operating in Redwater and has already renewed your 2021 business license, a refund cheque will be issued to your business. 
  • If your business is a Resident, Home Occupation or Youth Business operating in Redwater and has not renewed your 2021 business license but had a business license in 2020, no payment will be required for your 2021 business license and a copy of your license will be mailed to you. 
  • If your business no longer operates in Redwater please email or call 780-942-3519 ext. 330 and your information will be updated in our system. 

Please note that all 2021 Non-Resident and Temporary Business Licenses will still be required and charged at the applicable rate. 

A Development Permit is required for all home-based businesses and commercial based businesses where the type of business operating out of a location is new or has changed business operation (eg. gas station to a restraurant).

Business License renewals are due on December 31 of each year. Renewals are sent out to businesses on file at the end of November. If you would like to apply for a business license please complete the Annual Business License/Renewal Application and email it to If you wish to pay by credit card please complete Credit Card Authorization Form. For other options or if you have questions please call 780-942-3519 ext 330. Processing time can vary but is normally within 1 week. 

If your business is homebased please complete the Home Occupation Questionnaire and include it with your application.

Annual Business License/Renewal Application

Temporary Business License Application

Home Occupation Questionnaire